Thursday, June 28, 2007

spinning?

I tried out the spindle that I won from Trek and loved it. This is not to say that I was any good at using it. I did discover that it maintained its momentum much longer than the other spindle that I have which made things much easier.


I have yet to master the trick of the long draw needed for spindling. I totally get the short draw for wheel spinning, but alas, without a wheel, I am spindling.





The "yarn" (if it could truly be called by such a lofty name) is lumpy, bumpy, thick and impossibly thin all at the same time. As you can see here, there is a slight issue with the amount of twist in the yarn.

The last photo is after a quick dip and before I weighted it to dry overnight. Who knows what it will look like in the morning. I have a distinct feeling that I will need to wind this one by hand...

BTW: Hi to everyone who made their way over her from Heddy's blog. Please stop back again - we're pretty nice here at House of Wool, but who wouldn't be with the wool fumes?

Also, I have created a shop site on Etsy and updated my website. With a bit more shameless self-promotion, stop over and take a look at both sites. If you see something on the shopbagtelle.com site that you would like to purchase, let me know and I will set it up on Etsy for you. (There are a couple of popular styles that I can't guarantee to have in stock all the time.)

1 comment:

Ragan said...

Self-promotion is ok! Who will promote you if you do not!!! I will check out the links to see what kind of goodies you have!!!
:-)

To answer your question you left for me...Sandwhich cutter...got at the commissary (on base). It works much better than I thought it would considering that it is plastic.
How did that spinning turn out?