Sunday, October 22, 2006

Long time no see

You would think that eventually I would learn that life just isn't going to settle down. Work has been beyond crazy, so much that I wake up nauseous from the stress. But on the up side is that my boss told me on Friday that they made an offer to someone. I used my contacts in HR to see if she had accepted yet, but she hadn't yet. God I love working around the system sometimes!

In knitting news, I am still blowing through the stash. I finished 5 items in the last couple of weeks. All of them for the craft fair. There are 2 garter stitch scarves, one reminds me of indian corn, the other is variegated reds. Both were knit lengthwise because the thought of doing 754 short garter rows made me want to drink. However, 15 long rows wasn't so bad. The striped hat is from Regia sock yarn, just over 1 skein. The blue marled is from the yarn I bought from the neighbor's estate and the blue beaded hat is another Odessa.

I am thinking that I need to do up a couple of lacy type scarves from some more of the blue alpaca. It is a light sportweight so, a lace pattern will knit up fairly quickly (I hope). I might just have to make a set for myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure have been busy! I can't believe how much you've gotten done for the craft fair. Hope things at work settle down for you...

Lanea said...

Welcome to the KR Webring.