Sunday, October 08, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

Ugh, the broken record thing again.

Anyway, this is what I did this weekend. I am pretty happy with the results even if it took 2 trips through the dyepot. This yarn sucks up dye like crazy. The first trip through ended up looking like the very first batch I did even though I added significantly more dye to the pot. Instead of just using Kool-aide, I also picked up some Wiltons, burgandy, but needed to add more Kool-aide because it wasn't dark enough.





This will be for the soles of the felted clogs.

I have started yet another hat for the stinkin' fair as well as another garter stitch scarf. This time I decided that I would knit the length of the scarf so it is only about 10-15 rows instead of 753 soul-sucking rows. Hopefully the pooling won't look stupid. No pic of this yet as it is all scrunched up on the needle and doesn't look like much yet.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hi!! Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog today. I agree 100%, the ADT sign does look pretty funny out there with a "stripped down" house. I hadn't thought about that, but now I can't stop laughing about it!!

Your yarn looks really great - what a pretty color it turned out. Even if it did take two dyings - LOL.

Sharon said...

Great dye job, lovely colour. I love the clogs and they are on my to do list along with a kzillion other things!!

Leslie said...

So should I ask how much longer until your craft fair? Every time you post a project for it, I think, "hmm, I should check into getting things together for a booth somewhere next year." And then every time I read about the "stinkin' fair," I think, "ok, maybe not." Hope you've picked out something great to knit for yourself once it's all over!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love the color :-)

Good luck on the scarf!