Monday, February 04, 2008

95% Perspiration

I've been knitting a fair bit lately (at least for me) but I really need to shift my focus back to bagatelle.

I have some "what was I thinking" fabric in my stash that I'm planning on using to create some really simple totes to sell for under $10.00. Nothing fancy - I really just need to use up the fabric and not lose money at it. My thought is to market them as reusable grocery bags, something sturdy that can be machine washed and reused. Some may get a small zippered pocket depending on what I have that matches, but most probably won't in an effort to keep the price low.

A couple of new ideas are floating around my head and I am looking forward to creating a few prototypes. (Probably with the "what was I thinking" fabric.) At least one of them is knitting related and I would hope that I can sell them at one of the local yarn shops. It would be nice to have some steady income coming in.

I'm hoping to get the kinks worked out the the new design and then post them up on the shop site. I plan on doing an update as soon as I get a few more items finished.

The change to sewing will probably do me some good as the tendonitis in my wrist has been acting up lately. I think the weight of the shawl is the main culprit. Not that I will stop knitting it.

The contest winner will be posted soon!

3 comments:

Turtle said...

That sounds like quite the project! I pulled the sewing machine out a few weeks back as well but can't seem to put the needles down, lol. Good luck! Do you have a hot paraffin pot at home? If not you should look into one, really good for wrist aches!

Ragan Knits etc... said...

Sewing! I have done some of that this week too...instead of knitting. The sewing machine was calling me. I made curtain valances...easy and quick (and good to get away from the knitting which is making my fingers go numb).

Anonymous said...

What's up, its nice piece of writing on the topic of media print, we all be aware of media is a impressive source of facts.

my web-site: Best Cccam to use