Thursday, November 30, 2006

Back among the kntting

While life has dealt my family a particularly crappy hand lately, I promise not to bore you with the details. No one has died and everyone should recover completely. 'Nuf said.

The Holiday Craft Fair was a huge success for my family. My mom and sister each made about $1200. Not a bad deal! I made $164, which pales in comparison, but is what I had hoped to make, so I am very happy.

I have decided to get a business license so that I can do this again next year and not worry about paying the sales tax through my mom. Besides, then the yarn that I purchase is tax free. BONUS!

I have been doing knitting, but haven't taken any pictures lately. Once I get further into the swing of life, I will post them.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi!! Thanks for your comment on my "I wish I had Known" post. I agree, I wish I would have understood about yarn weights earlier too. :)

I hope things are looking up for you and your family soon.

Leslie said...

Glad to see you back. Hope everything continues to improve.

Congrats on the craft fair showing. Do you think you'll do more fairs with a business license? That's awesome that your family can make significant moo-la doing things you love.

Hope you're able to put your feet up and enjoy some egg nog and yarn therapy over the holidays!

Tracy said...

Wow! Good for you and your money making adventure! Maybe I should get a business license, too and you and I can hit craft fairs next year! Hee! Hee! I'm glad to see that you are back among the knitting fold. I find that knitting is the best therapy......I've been going through some serious stuff as well, but I find knittng calms me down. We'll talk soon! Smooches!