Friday, January 18, 2008

Fronts 2.0

Finally. I reached the armhole shaping on the fronts. Again. I managed to slog through the tedium and have come out victorious. (Knock on wood – I wouldn’t want to incur the wrath of the knitting gods and get smacked down. Again.)





I’m really looking forward to getting to the sleeves. If nothing else, the change in color will be good.

But to be completely honest, this project will contain a whole bunch of firsts for me. I’ve never knit a sweater with a zipper before, so sewing one in will be, um, interesting. I’ve also never seamed a sweater before. I know, I know. I've knit at least 6 sweaters or vests. It’s crazy that I’ve always managed to get around it by working the piece in the round. But this time, I decided to bite the bullet and actually knit the dang thing as it was written.



I also finished the garterlac dishcloth and I love it. I think it will be great for using up some of the odds and ends that I have left over from various balls of cotton.



I think I'm hooked!

4 comments:

Ragan Knits etc... said...

Very cool dishcloth! I have a ton of odds and ends in kitchen cotton, what a good idea. Wow, a lot of firsts for you and the year is still "young". Your sweater is coming right along! I can't wait to see the sleeves.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for taking risks in knitting :) Both projects look great! What pattern did you use for the dishcloth?

Sheepish Annie said...

I'm impressed! I so rarely take risks with the knitting... You are an inspiration!

Stacey said...

The Ribby Cardi was my first experience with seaming too. It's not so bad! However, my mom sewed in the zipper for me.